The NextGen Omics Young Scientist Awards include the best poster presentation award and are intended to honour an outstanding individual performance for a scientific work by a PhD student, PostDoc or early career scientist
Young Scientist Awards (YSA) for Best Poster Presentation
The NextGen Omics Young Scientist Awards include the best poster presentation award and are intended to honour an outstanding individual performance for a scientific work by a PhD student, PostDoc or early career scientist.
Please submit your poster presentation by no later than 6th October 2023 in the below category:
- Student (PhD), PostDoc or early career scientist under 35 years of age. Proof must be provided via an active student ID card or a copy of status
- Applicants must be the first AND presenting author of the submitted paper and register for the meeting by 6th October 2023
- ONLY ONE YSA submission per person will be accepted. If authors submit multiple abstracts for consideration for the YSA, only one abstract will be taken into consideration for the YSA
Applicants must follow the procedure as follows:
- Register and submit an abstract by 6th October 2023 using the registration link to the left on this page
- Once registered you will be provided with the online abstract submission form
- Prepare the poster or platform and present it (The poster presenter should be at the poster during all breaks.)
- The 3 winners with the highest scores will be announced at the Networking Drinks on the 9th November
- The winners’ 10-minute oral presentations will take place on the 10th November
The platform or poster presentation will be evaluated by senior scientists (consisting of our speaking and steering group committee for the Omics series) on the basis of originality of the approach and quality of the work (e.g. appropriate methodology, interpretation of results, conclusiveness). All participants will receive the scoring and comments after the annual meeting via email.
The 3 winners receiving the highest scores will be announced at the Networking Drinks on the 9th November and will be given a trophy as well as £1,000 contribution towards travel costs. Oxford Global will also provide winners with Omics PLUS Pass – 12 months access to Omics Series events and PLUS Pass online platform.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org